As soon as strawberries are in season I start eating them as often as I can afford. I need to plant more in my garden — there are never enough! I prefer to buy only organic strawberries because they’re among the most sprayed fruit of all when it comes to traditional growers. Since the prices drop so dramatically in June, I also like to slice, wash and freeze them for smoothies. The five recipes in these videos from my partners at Scripps Lifestyle Network are completely indulgent. Beware! Enjoy!! They include:
- How to Make Low-Cal Strawberry Ice Cream at Home by Melissa D’Arabian and Cooking Channel (includes frozen Greek yogurt)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Shortcake by Damaris Phillips on Food Network
- Limoncello-Marinated Strawberries with Mascarpone from “Grill It! With Bobby Flay”
- Strawberry and cream parfaits with meringue cookies from “Giada at Home”
- and Stuffed French Toast with Ellie Krieger on Food Network, stuffed with chocolate and strawberries.